Sunday, February 3, 2013

Bisara Soup

     Bisara is one of the most famous Moroccan recipes. It is a soup made of dry broad beans, dry peas, or both. On winters, there is nothing like a warm Bisara bowl to warm up your body. I love to make it in rainy days so I feel its warmth. Usually, people serve it with fish. I do that too, and I like it, even if I don't know why it has to be fish!

     Well, I want to share with you my favorite Bisara recipe which I learned from my mother a long time ago. It's is so easy yet so delicious! I hope you like it.





Ingredients

- 250g Broad beans
- 150g Peas
- 6 to 8 Gloves of garlic, peeled
- 4 to 5 Tbsp Virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 cups Water
- Salt, cumin, and a pinch of paprika

*Note that you can always change beans measurements to get different flavors. You may also use equal amounts of both types as I do sometimes. It works great too.



Process

1- In a pan or preferably a pressure cooker,  mix all the ingredients. Cook until the beans are done. About 20min if you are using a pressure cooker, and 40min if you are using a regular pan. Stir occasionally so nothing sticks. 

2- Allow it to cool for some minutes and then use a hand blender to smooth the mixture. You can always use a drainer and a spoon to crush the hard beans if you don't have a blender. (you may add more water if it's very thick)



3- Heat again for 4 to 5 minutes while stirring. Serve it with additional cumin, pepper, and olive oil on top. 

This looks delicious! right? 




No comments:

Post a Comment