Friday, March 15, 2013

Mushroom Rice

     If you are among those who don't like rice, you may want to try this recipe because it may change your mind. It is very delicious and very easy. I love to have it in my menu as a gourmet side dish. It consists mainly of onions, mushrooms, and soy sauce. Furthermore, I prefer to use Kikkoman soy sauce in this recipe. It adds such a nice flavor. However, sometimes I add a few drops of strong soy sauce to enhance color, and flavor as well. 

     I hope you like this recipe!



Ingredients

- 300g rice, boiled in salt water
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 cup canned mushroom
- 1/2 cup black mushroom, soaked in hot water, washed, and chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt, pepper, and ginger. 


Process

1- Heat a pan for 2 min then add the oil, heat again for 1 more minute then add your garlic and onion. Season with salt and pepper and cook until brown. Stir occasionally.

2- Add mushrooms and cook again for 5 min. Stir occasionally.



3- Add rice, soy sauce, and season with salt, pepper, and ginger. Toss well and cook again for some minutes. 





This time, I served my mushroom rice with herb-scented turkey breast. (same recipe as Herb-Scented Chicken Fillet)









No comments:

Post a Comment