Friday, January 23, 2015

Moroccan Inspired Muffins

Moroccan brioche or "Krashel" are one of my favorite Moroccan bakeries. They remind me of childhood and my grand parents home. The original recipe may take some time, as the raising time is relatively long. I thought I could get inspired from the original recipe and take the Moroccan brioche to another new level. So I decided to mix the traditional muffins recipe with Moroccan brioche basic ingredients and come with muffins "à la marocaine"; the result was really amazing. I loved them, my family loved them, and we all agreed that these muffins have the same taste and almost the same texture of Moroccan "Krashel"! This recipe has become one of my favorites. I hope you will try it out and enjoy the great Moroccan aromas of orange flower water, sesame, and fennel seeds.

Ingredients

- 2 cups sifter flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 tbsp orange flower water
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds


Process

1- Preheat your oven to 200°C and  and lay a muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
    In a small bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together.

2- In a mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. Make a hole in the mixture and pour the wet batter. Mix until combined. Be careful not to over mix.


3- Fill  muffin cases and bake for about 25  minutes. (cooking time may deffer so watch out)   




 Happy Baking!








No comments:

Post a Comment