Friday, December 5, 2014

Chocolate Cake

Today I want to share with you my favorite chocolate cake so far. I have tried many recipes before, but I found this one to be the easiest and the moistest perfect chocolate cake. 

The origin of this cake is a vanilla cake recipe I received from a Turkish friend of mine. I have used the recipe in many different ways and I came up with delicious versions of various tastes. I hope you will try it out.


P.S: The over browning of the almonds crisps here was due to the new oven we got as I was not yet familiar with its system -- thankfully that did not affect their taste.
 


Ingredients



- 2 cups of flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 bag vanilla sugar
- 1 bag baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Almond crisps

Process

1- Preheat your oven to 180 to 200°C. Grease and flour your cake pan.
2- In a mixing bowl, mix eggs and sugar, then add oil and water, and mix well.
3- Add cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and vanilla sugar. Mix until combined (be careful not to over mix).

4- Sprinkle some flour over your chocolate chunks to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the cake then add them to the mixture.



5- Pour the batter into your pan, sprinkle some almond crisps (optional).


6- Bake for 25 min (cooking time may differ so watch out). 



Enjoy your treat!






No comments:

Post a Comment